Tolland County CT Information
Tolland County CT Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||155,070 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||140,050 (90.3%) |
|Population in Families ||112,202 (72.4%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||15,020 ( 9.7%) |
|Population Density ||378 |
|Diversity Index2 ||33 |
|Median Household Income ||$94,157 |
|Average Household Income ||$114,029 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 11% |
|Per Capita Income ||$42,121 |
|Wealth Index5 ||149 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||60,924 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||40,315 (66.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||16,139 (26.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||4,470 ( 7.3%) |
|Median Home Value ||$256,893 |
|Average Home Value ||$288,966 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||162 |
|Total Households ||56,454 |
|Average Household Size ||2.48 |
|Family Households ||37,656 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.15% ||0.18% |
|Households ||0.35% ||0.26% |
|Families ||0.25% ||0.2% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.08% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.67% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.35% |
Tolland County CT - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Tolland County to the other 8 counties and county equivalents in Connecticut by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 7 ||25th |
|Population Density ||# 6 ||38th |
|Median Household Income ||# 1 ||100th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 8 ||100th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 3 ||75th |
|Diversity Index ||# 7 ||25th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Connecticut COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.