New London County CT Information
New London County CT Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||271,562 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||260,428 (95.9%) |
|Population in Families ||206,184 (75.9%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||11,134 ( 4.1%) |
|Population Density ||408 |
|Diversity Index2 ||50 |
|Median Household Income ||$69,430 |
|Average Household Income ||$93,654 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$37,630 |
|Wealth Index5 ||113 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||124,206 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||70,730 (56.9%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||36,725 (29.6%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||16,751 (13.5%) |
|Median Home Value ||$248,994 |
|Average Home Value ||$300,595 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||130 |
|Total Households ||107,455 |
|Average Household Size ||2.42 |
|Family Households ||69,365 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.09% ||-0.21% |
|Households ||0.04% ||-0.18% |
|Families ||-0.07% ||-0.24% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.1% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.68% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.12% |
New London County CT - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares New London County to the other 8 counties and county equivalents in Connecticut by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 4 ||63rd |
|Population Density ||# 5 ||50th |
|Median Household Income ||# 6 ||38th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 3 ||38th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 7 ||25th |
|Diversity Index ||# 4 ||63rd |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Connecticut COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.