Middlesex County CT Information
Middlesex County CT Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||167,101 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||162,445 (97.2%) |
|Population in Families ||129,454 (77.5%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||4,656 ( 2.8%) |
|Population Density ||453 |
|Diversity Index2 ||34 |
|Median Household Income ||$89,117 |
|Average Household Income ||$115,569 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$47,189 |
|Wealth Index5 ||160 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||77,157 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||49,051 (63.6%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||19,083 (24.7%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||9,023 (11.7%) |
|Median Home Value ||$291,595 |
|Average Home Value ||$342,048 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||140 |
|Total Households ||68,134 |
|Average Household Size ||2.38 |
|Family Households ||43,873 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.08% ||-0.03% |
|Households ||0.13% ||-0.02% |
|Families ||0.03% ||-0.09% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.28% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.67% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.07% |
Middlesex County CT - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Middlesex County to the other 8 counties and county equivalents in Connecticut by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 6 ||38th |
|Population Density ||# 4 ||63rd |
|Median Household Income ||# 3 ||75th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 6 ||75th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 2 ||88th |
|Diversity Index ||# 6 ||38th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Connecticut COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.