Litchfield County CT Information
Litchfield County CT Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||185,679 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||183,205 (98.7%) |
|Population in Families ||148,871 (80.2%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||2,474 ( 1.3%) |
|Population Density ||202 |
|Diversity Index2 ||28 |
|Median Household Income ||$77,676 |
|Average Household Income ||$100,281 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$40,912 |
|Wealth Index5 ||130 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||89,209 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||57,264 (64.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||18,450 (20.7%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||13,495 (15.1%) |
|Median Home Value ||$259,274 |
|Average Home Value ||$338,631 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||138 |
|Total Households ||75,714 |
|Average Household Size ||2.42 |
|Family Households ||50,393 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.22% ||-0.45% |
|Households ||-0.12% ||-0.4% |
|Families ||-0.22% ||-0.46% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.84% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.61% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.32% |
Litchfield County CT - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Litchfield County to the other 8 counties and county equivalents in Connecticut by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 5 ||50th |
|Population Density ||# 8 ||13th |
|Median Household Income ||# 4 ||63rd |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 5 ||63rd |
|Per Capita Income ||# 5 ||50th |
|Diversity Index ||# 8 ||13th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Connecticut Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Connecticut COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.